Each of our extrusions come in 2m lengths, and sometimes a length customisation is required. You may need to cut your extrusion to the correct length for your application.
Below is a step by step guide on how to correctly cut your extrusions.
There are two different types of diffusers, which can be cut in different ways:
Click on type:
1. Click the diffuser into place on the aluminium.
2. Measure the length you need (taking into account the end cap thickness)
3. Wrap the aluminium and diffuser up in masking tape at the desired cut point, and mark with a pen/pencil. The masking tape secures the diffuser onto the aluminium and helps to prevent the diffuser from cracking when cut.
4. Cut the diffuser + aluminium extrusion using a suitable mitre saw or hand saw.
5. File the ends of the diffuser and aluminium extrusion until smooth.
Slide into type:
1. Measure the length you need and mark the cut point using a pen/pencil.
2. Cut the aluminium extrusion using a suitable mitre saw or hand saw.
3. Cut the diffuser to length using a sharp scissors (taking into account the end cap thickness).
4. File the ends of the extrusion until smooth, and slide the diffuser into the aluminium extrusion.
We do provide a cutting service for most extrusion models for a small fee. Please contact our sales or leave a message when ordering online.
- March 22, 2017
- Sanna Li